Monday, March 14, 2011

3 Things I Cannot Live Without

Even for someone who gets regular massage, I still get tight and sore muscles on strenuous days.  You all know how I feel about a good soak in an Epsom Salt Bath, but you can't do that every day.

On other days-which translates to almost nightly-I use the following tools.

Sharper Image Quad Action Percussion Massager

Like the steady beat of a drum, The Quad Action Percussion Massager soothes and invigorates; relieving stress and pain. The handheld massager allows you to target muscle groups--back, shoulders, quads, hamstrings, calves and more, providing a deep tissue massage where ever and whenever you need it. The percussion massager is an ideal pain relief solution. Add soothing heat for a deeper, even more relaxing massage. The extendable handle lets you reach way back.
I love this thing!  It weighs 3.5 pounds and is pretty sturdy.  I have tested the limits of mine  all the time. 
Currently this item is on sale for too!  www.sharperimage.com 

Soft Hot/Cold Hydro Packs

Traditional hot and cold packs for treating strains, sprains, tendonitis and other injuries. Soft, no-frost cover. Store in freezer until needed. Heat in microwave. Non-toxic and biodegradable gel.

Available in the following sizes:
  • Petite: 3" x 5"
  • Small: 6" x 10"
  • Large: 10" x 13"
  • Cervical: 6" x 20"
  • Tri-Sectional: 9" x 16"
I have 2 of the small packs I purchased from my chiropractor a few years ago.  They don't take long to freeze and are pretty universal.  I use them for my neck and they are softer than a bag of peas.

 

Tennis Balls

 

Just plain old tennis balls!  Some sites sell specialty balls for myofascial release that are hard plastic.  Some may have little knobs on them but they are all about the size of a tennis ball and do the same thing.  The tennis ball is hard enough it will not give when laying on it.  You can google "Tennis Ball Therapy" and get some ideas.  I simply lay on a hard surface (not the bed because they will sink into the mattress) and place them behind my neck.  That is my trouble area from all the looking down I do.  You can place one on the base of your neck or two on either side of the neck.  I roll my head back and forth on them.  If you need some help just let me know and I can show you at your next massage.
 
What self help techniques do you use? 

Remember, I have limited hours this week and into the weekend and will be gone March 22-31st.  I will be returning to take appointments April 1st-No Fooling!
Schedule online in my absence.

Schedule online now
Like Me



 


No comments:

Post a Comment